Six months ago I wrote about a startup called Shopkick (it was then called MOBshop). The company won’t disclose much of what their eventual product will be, but they’ve attracted some of the most high profile investors in Silicon Valley: Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers and Reid Hoffman.
Here’s what CEO Cyriac Roeding will say about Shopkick which is scheduled to launch in 2010: they aim to bridge the gap between the mobile phone and the physical shopping worlds.
In the meantime they are launching CauseWorld, “the first mobile application that let’s you do good deeds simply for walking into a store.” The application should be available on the iPhone appstore later today. Android is coming soon, along with more mobile platforms.
CauseWorld app users earn “karma points” when they walk into stores and check in with their cell phone. No purchase is required at any store, and karma points can be redeemed nine predefined good causes. Big brands like Kraft Foods and Citi (both are on board) then turn the karmas into real dollar donations to those causes. Food for poor families, water in Sudan, trees in the Amazon, etc. are examples of the causes.
Here’s how it works: Like foursquare and gowalla, you open the application on your phone and see local businesses (instead of showing everything around you, CauseWorld only shows businesses that you can check into for karmas). Enter the store, check in, and get the karma points offered to you. Once you’ve collected enough karmas you can donate them to a variety of causes. And, of course, you get badges for various activities.
The Latest on: Fund raising
[google_news title=”” keyword=”fund raising” num_posts=”10″ blurb_length=”0″ show_thumb=”left”]
via Google News
The Latest on: Fund raising
- The Times view on this year’s Christmas fundraising campaign: Magic Breakfaston November 27, 2022 at 4:05 pm
Nutritionists have long known that the first meal of the day is the most important for healthy living. “Breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, dinner like a pauper,” as the old adage goes. Yet ...
- Schuylkill Haven students take part in fundraising runon November 27, 2022 at 11:58 am
A fun and energetic 45 Biology Club members from Schuylkill Haven Area High School joined more than 200 other participants in Schuylkill County VISION’s Annual Spooky Schuylkill 5K at the Bartram ...
- Online Fundraising Tools Market 2022 : Company Profile Analysis, Industry Segmentation, Opportunity Assessment and Forecast by 2028on November 27, 2022 at 5:12 am
" Online Fundraising Tools Market " Insights 2022 - By Applications (Individuals, Organizations), By Types (Cloud based, On Premise), By Segmentation analysis, Regions and Forecast to 2028. The Global ...
- Denver brewery fundraising for Club Q victimson November 27, 2022 at 4:20 am
The Denver-based brewery is donating $1 for each pour of their Prospector beer and 10% of sales on Friday. One bartender is also donating all tips.
- Dundee Vocal Music earns honors; planning fundraising dinneron November 27, 2022 at 3:00 am
Dundee Vocal Music department competed recently at the Michigan School Vocal Music Association’s Musical Theatre Solo & Ensemble competition.
- Champions of Hope lets teens learn philanthropy, fundraisingon November 27, 2022 at 12:27 am
Catholic High junior Ted Penick signed up with The Centers for Youth and Families' Champions of Hope program to learn more about the nonprofit, meet new people and get out of his social comfort zone.
- 'Love Against Hate' fundraising concert to be held November 27th in Detroiton November 26, 2022 at 9:09 pm
Benefit concert will raise money and pay tribute to the victims of recent deadly mass shooting in Colorado Springs.
- Kent starts fundraising campaign for election recounton November 26, 2022 at 10:28 am
The hotly contested race for Washington's 3rd Congressional District has been called for Democrat Marie Glusenkamp Perez, but Republican Challenger Joe Kent hasn't given up -- and now he's pushing for ...
- South Hadley meets fundraising goal to preserve 210 acres of farmlandon November 25, 2022 at 11:16 am
The town and Kestrel Land Trust has raised enough funds, including through private donations, to ensure 210 acres of farmland abutting the Connecticut River will permanently be for farm use through an ...
via Bing News